Submission Costs and Deadlines
Early Bird entry deadline: Jan. 22, 2021 at 4PM
Entry deadline: Jan. 31, 2021 at 4PM
Early Bird fee: $45 per entry
Regular Fee: $50 per entry
Showcase Guidelines: Best Story
The British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba Best Story category recognizes and celebrates excellence in magazine editorial content. Finalists will be announced in April 2021 and winners will be announced online at the Alberta Magazine Awards Gala in May.
The competition is open to work published in an issue dated in 2020. Submissions from digital magazines and magazine websites must be original work first published during the specified calendar year.
- All entries must be the work of Canadian content creators.
- All entries must come from magazines that abide by the magazine code of reader engagement (View these guidelines http://ampadev.dreamhosters.com/membership/member-guidelines/code-of-reader-advertiser-engagement/).
- It is the responsibility of the magazine to enter according to the guidelines. Entries that don’t conform to the rules or fit category definitions may be disqualified without notice. Entry fees will not be refunded.
- No entries will be returned. No refunds will be granted.
- All decisions made by the judges are final.
- Judges reserve the right to not grant an award in any category if, in their opinion, no entry merits one.
- AMPA reserves the right to cancel the category should it not receive enough submissions to provide a legitimate competition. In this case entry fees will be refunded to the submitters.
- AMPA reserves the right to use the winning entries in the awards program for exhibit, educational purposes, online and/or in a publication of collected work, but not for sale or profit.
- The number of finalists in each category will be proportionate to the number of entries submitted in each category to a maximum of 10 finalists.
- Advertorial and/or promotional content is inadmissible.
- This category is open to staff or freelance contributors.
- Both print and online entries are eligible.
- Awards are for articles published as “first rights” only.
Achievement Guidelines: Magazine of the Year
- Nominations are eligible from any self-described magazine with a head office in either British Columbia, Saskatchewan or Manitoba that abides by ad-edit guidelines (View these guidelines http://ampadev.dreamhosters.com/membership/member-guidelines/code-of-reader-advertiser-engagement/).
- The nomination form requires information about the magazine: (including the editorial mandate, audience, staff positions, frequency, circulation and distribution); and a summary of the magazine’s achievements during the past year.
- Nominations require four copies of two issues published in 2020 that demonstrate the publication’s best work mailed to the AMPA office at King Edward cSPACE #390, 1721 29 Avenue SW. Calgary, AB T2T 6T7 by Jan. 31, 2021
- AMPA reserves the right to use the winning nomination materials in the awards program for exhibit, educational purposes, online and/or in a publication of collected work, but not for sale or profit